This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[solved]Korganizer: export everything to import in another Korganizer

Is there a quick/easy way of exporting everything out of one Korganizer to another Korganizer ?

I had started using it on one PC but want to move everything I have done in it to my home Kubuntu's Korganizer.

If exporting in one single file was possible it would be great.

P.S. : I realize that Korganizer is called by Kontact (are they both the same?) . But I meant to transfer everything I enter in Kontact and Korganizer.
    AMD Athlon XP 3000+, 2 hd (80Gb+250Gb)<br />Win XP, Ubuntu 9.04, Ubuntu server 9.04, Xubuntu 8.10, USB keyed persistent Kubuntu 8.10

Re: Korganizer: export everything to import in another Korganizer

Korganizer save everything everything into an .ics file. Its in the following hidden file in your home directory

.kde/share/apps/korganizer.

Unless you have saved the file in a special name (for example mine was ians organizer) it will likely be std.ics

Assuming you have korganizer already installed on the new PC simply open a copy of your std.ics file in your new machine either by using "open with/korganizer" or a double click might do it anyway. Then when it's opened you can select the merge option and it will be imported.

You can give the file a special name if you want and instead select the "use as new calendar" option. Once imported you ought to see a box to the left which lists you calendars and if you want select it as your default calendar. That option would be extremely useful for example if you have a home network and wanted to access it from more than 1 machine (although of course you would need it to be in a location that all machines can access).

HTH

Comment

Thank you it worked.
      AMD Athlon XP 3000+, 2 hd (80Gb+250Gb)<br />Win XP, Ubuntu 9.04, Ubuntu server 9.04, Xubuntu 8.10, USB keyed persistent Kubuntu 8.10

Comment

Great!

Would you please mark your thread as solved as that might be a help to others?

thanks

Comment

I tried this to export Korganizer setup and data on ubuntu 10.04 to my new kubuntu 14.04 machine and it didn't work, so how do you do it? I'd like to completely replicate the korganizer setup and data from my old machine (soon to be retired) to my new one. Somehow I think this should be simple.

Comment

Working...
          X