This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resulution Problem GeForce4 MX 4000 1360 x 768

I'm a newbie and have a GeForce4 MX400 AGP card with 128MB RAM, and an ASUS MW221u 22" monitor. I installed the recommended NVIDIA driver version 96.43.09, but now the highest resolution I can get using the X Server Display Configuration is 640 x 480. Before installing the driver I could get 800 x 600 but this was no good on my wide screen. I want to get a minimum of 1360 x 768 to take advantage of my widescreen. Can anybody help me please? At the moment it looks so like a 1994 PC.

P.S. the NVIDIA Server settings only recognise my LCD monitor as a CRT. I'm running using a KVM. This shouldn't have any effect with plug and play should it?

Re: Resulution Problem GeForce4 MX 4000 1360 x 768

Originally posted by Nexis
    I'm running using a KVM. This shouldn't have any effect with plug and play should it?
    That may be the problem. Why don't you try connecting the monitor directly to the video card output, and try again with nvidia-settings. Do the "detect displays" thing, and then see what you get. If it works connected directly, you'll have your answer.

Comment

Re: Resulution Problem GeForce4 MX 4000 1360 x 768

Unfortunately plugging the monitor in directly and doing the "Detect Displays" thing made no difference. Any other ideas?

Comment

Working...
      X