Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lost my application panel at bottom of desktop.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lost my application panel at bottom of desktop.

Hi,

ok did something and I don't remember how I did it but I removed my application panel and the bottom of desktop. So now I just have my desktop Icons but no K button, clock, etc...Can not figure out how to get it back. One of those days I guess. Just want it back the way it was.

Thanks in advance,

Redd

Re: lost my application panel at bottom of desktop.

This seems to be happening a lot. I did it when I first used KDE4 also.

Right click on the desktop and you will see an add panel menu. That will get you a panel and you can then go about adding the widgets you want to that panel.

If you do not have KDE customizations that you do not want to lose you could remove ~/.kde, or move it to ~/kde.old or something. Then logout and back in and it will be replaced with the standard setup.

Comment

Got my widgets back to normal(default) but the widget (Square blue box with the K in it) instead of being at the bottom left corner it is now at the bottom right corner. I want to put it back in the bottom left where it was when I install 8.10. How do we do this? Thanks in advance.

Redd

Comment

Left click on the little cashew thing at the extreme right. This will bring up a bar above your panel.
        Move your mose over the widget you want to move, left click and drag it to where you want it. Left click the X on the right side of the upper bar when done.

This has happened to me so many times I routinely back up my ~/.kde directory.
        We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

Nice!! Thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by mando_hacker
            This seems to be happening a lot. I did it when I first used KDE4 also.
            Ditto.
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

This happened to me last night too!
              One thing- I found that if you right click and select "Lock widgets" it prevents you from accidentally closing them.

Comment

Working...
              X