This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kaffeine Problems

Kaffeine has been giving me problems. The video has been breaking up, going into checkerboard patterns and flickering. Then I restart the computer and the problem is solved. Usually, anyway.

I've upgraded Kaffeine and anything I could find supporting it with no success.

I'm using 64-bit Intrepid Ibex

Re: Kaffeine Problems

Firstly you might want to check that all the appropriate codec's packs are installed ie: gstreamer for kaffeine, libxine-plugns1-all and win32 codec's, then secondly I would check the refresh rate of your graphics card. I have an old ATI Radeon 9600 128mb and kaffeine works fine for me but I don't have the fglrx drivers installed because my PC doesn't like them for some reason so I use the x-org drivers with no problems.

Hope this helps.

Regards Stephen

Comment

Belated thanks for your help. I've been busy on and off, in between trying to break it again after a full round of updates.

However, I've been still having the same problems. No luck with the attempted fix. Would anyone have another suggestion for how I might be able to create a fix?

Comment

Do you know what fileformat the video you wan to watch is in?
        Does it work with other players?

If you run kubuntu, gstreamers are generally not needed for kaffeine, as kaffeine uses another engine called xine (gstreamer is used by ubuntu and gnome-based desktops in general).

If you run 64-bit Intrepid, w32codecs won't help, but w64codecs may do the job.

Knowing the fileformat of the video you want to play is the start to solving this problem.

Comment

For Kaffeine, I usually just use:
          sudo apt-get install kubuntu-restricted-extras
          And to see thumbnails in Konqueror:
          sudo apt-get install libarts1-xine

An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
          X