X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot upload photos to Kubuntu from my camera

Hello.

I'm using, or should I say, trying to use Kubuntu. (8.10-KDE 4.2)

Right now my problem is that I can't get my computer to discover the newly plugged in canon S5 IS. I have added the camera in that convenient systempreferences-advanced-digitalcamerawindow. Then nothing happens. I had hoped it would popup as a newly installed unit just like my external HD did but no no. Something more has to be done. I can't figure out what though. Have looked at the forum and seen that other have had similar problems but haven't made it anyway. Thankful for help.

Anders

Re: Cannot upload photos to Kubuntu from my camera

This is a bit odd because the camera seems to work with Linux/Ubuntu.

You say "I had hoped it would popup as a newly installed unit just like my external HD did but no." Did you get this popup in 8.10-KDE 4.2??

Have you looked at Dolphin? (It seems that I sometimes have to wait for things to appear in Dolphin.) Can you access your camera this way?
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Well...popped up is a little exaggerating but there is this hotplugbutton where you can find newly installed devices. There I can find the HD. Have not managed to automount it though but at least it works.

Yes I've checked in dolphin but maybe in the wrong places? Looked in /media and /mnt. Could it popup somewhere else?

Anders

Comment

Just tried in Ubuntu, the gnomeenvironment. Works perfect. Just works. Sits next to my other removable medias. Why not in Kubuntu?

Comment

you can allso set your camera to read as a disk that way eney box will pick it up as a storeg drive!

VINNY
          i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
          16GB RAM
          Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Do you have digiKam installed? That's how I got my pix from my camera.

Comment

may i suggest a cheep usb SD card reader (or if you camera uses another type of media card one for it) then it will show like any other usb hard drive. also your card should be fat formated

my gf has a samsung s73 and it works plug and play (in kde3.5) i use my sd adaptor to get stuff from her camera (wires all tangled behind her monitor and its just ezer to take the card out)

under gnome what does the device show up as ? it should do exactly the same in kde.your first mounted usb drive should be /media/disk (then i believe /media/disk1 and so on)

i never added any thing on her computer in her "systempreferences-advanced-digitalcamerawindow" just pluged in the camera and it popped up on her desktop (like it should in kde4 except it will show in the recently added devices plasmoid)
              Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
              (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

If you have the camera set to ptp mode you probably won't see it in the pop-up window, but should be able to upload the pics from within your viewer.

Comment

Working...
                X