This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The bottom Plasma bar (SOLVED)

The one with Kicker etc on it. How do I set it back to default settings?

Re: The bottom Plasma bar

My bottom panel has Kickoff, the USB device widget and the trashcan. I cannot add any other widgets even though I have tried with the Add Widgets tool (actually, it was trying to get back one that I accidentally removed that removed all the rest as well). I would like to get it back to it's default settings so that it's actually usable again.

Comment

It depends what you have done with it  I don't believe there's "back to default" option anywhere.

Right click on Desktop > Desktop Settings > Desktop Theme > choose Oxygen theme from drop-down menu if it's the 'original look' of the panel you're looking for.

If you removed Taskbar, Trash can, Clock or something else from the panel, then first check you have Widgets unlocked (Right click on Desktop > Unlock Widgets) and you'll be able to see small yellow Plasma icon on far right of your bottom panel, left click on it and  black panel will appear on top of your panel. Choose Add Widgets and add the widgets you have removed. You can rearrange the widgets while the 'black panel' is on (moving cursor will appear when you go over icons with mouse) by dragging and dropping.

Hope it helps 

EDIT: You posted while I was typing the response. When you Add Widget nothing happens?
      In a world without walls and fences - who needs windows and gates?

Comment

Try dagging and dropping your widgets to the panel from the widgets "window"

If that does not work do:

Code:
        kquitapp plasma && rm ~/.kde/share/config/plasma* && plasma &
        from a terminal and re-log in.

The first code will stop plasma, the second will remove plasmarc and plasma appletsrc so the defaults will be regenerated at log in.
        HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
        4 GB Ram
        Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Originally posted by DracoTB

I would like to get it back to it's default settings so that it's actually usable again.
          I believe that you can return all of your KDE settings to default by renaming the ~/.kde directory.

Comment

Renaming the .kde folder worked - kinda...

It's now all backwards... ie, the clock is on the left instead of the right but at least things are there now. I can live with that and play.

Originally posted by soonchica
            When you Add Widget nothing happens?
            Yeah, I found that weird. Dragging and dropping did seem to work though.

Comment

Working...
            X