• Time
  • Show
Clear All

gaim vs kopete

i used gaim in windows and now i use it in linux
    i tired out kopete once but for some reason i never got back to using it
    is there anything better in one of them

Re: gaim vs kopete

i use gaim. i find kopete annoying. gaim is very simple, which i like.

Comment

oh ok

Comment

Originally posted by youthforlinux
        oh ok
        cool

Comment

I prefer Gaim - the beta of 2.0 is rather better than the 1.5 release, too.

Comment

I'm not much of an IM user, but when I do need to use it, I used GAIM. Even if doesn't really blend well with the other KDE apps (and some superkaramba system tray themes don't work with it), I prefer it's general appearance and UI. It looks and feels cleaner and easier to handle, while Kopete looks a bit too messy and cluttered.

However, I removed GAIM so that I could concentrate on learning how to use Kopete and see if I could make it look/perform the way I want it to.
            Jucato's Data Core

Comment

I actually prefer kopete, maybe because I've seen it grow over the years and feel rather loyal to it. One thing to note is that kopete has had issues with connecting to msn in the past, (MSN was to blame > ) and the problem was easily fixed by upgrading to the next version. Most people switching from windows do seem to prefer gaim though, maybe it's because it's more familiar to them, I dunno, but do give kopete a try.

Comment

aMSN all the way over here. But second to that is GAIM, it's much more responsive/easier to connect to MSN to than Kopete.
                <br /><br />*temp. hiatus from forums due to comp + net broken* :&#039;(

Comment

There something that I didn't like in both softwares and I didn't guess how to solve it. When I access the MSN with some of them, every contacts that I had removed, appear again. So when I access it, I have to remove them again.

But my option about the topic it's kopete, it has more interestings things, althought Gaim have more plugins.

Comment

Donno why you bumped this old topic but in win I use Miranda & in linux Kopete (of course).

No Gaim for me thanks! :P

Comment

Working...
                    X