X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nokia Sync, Cable or Bluetooth

Hi,

I've spent some time trying to find any solution to synchronize (calender, contacts, to-do) my Nokia 5220 Express Music Phone with my Kubuntu computer without success. I have both a cable and a bluetooth-dongle. Is there a good way to do this?

/ Emil

Re: Nokia Sync, Cable or Bluetooth

Hi,
    the first thing you might want to do is to check and see if Nokia has any info for Linux support, as you may well be aware not all manufacturer's (hardly any in fact!) do support Linux. So firstly contact them and also check to see if your Bluetooth (device) hardware is showing up in the hardware manager.

Another tip is to look through the installed software list to see what if any software is installed that might support your hardware, if you use "Synaptic" rather than "Adept" package manager you might have more luck finding packets to install!.

Hope this helps.

Regards Stephen

Comment

Re: Nokia Sync, Cable or Bluetooth

I haven't used your particular model of phone, but I did find I had better success with communicating between my Nokia 6103 and my computer via Bluetooth.

As I understand it, this makes sense because Bluetooth is a data communication standard, requiring particular manners of packaging your data so that any device that's bluetooth compatible will be able to understand it, whereas USB is a hardware standard and any manner and encoding of data may pass through it.

Comment

Working...
      X