X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

getting rid of nautilus-desktop???

Hello, everybody.

I have installed PCLinux 2008 Gnome on my laptop (it's too weak to run ubuntu without lags for some reason)

I noticed that a file manager called "PC Man" is lightning fast compared to nautilus.
    It has desktop of it's own, so how do i get rid of nautilus (without removing it)?

Sorry for any mistakes I made, I have 38.8 C temperature now. Can't think clearly
    Join the dark side<br />---------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Samsung NC10 netbook running<br />PCLinuxOS 2010 // Win XP

Re: getting rid of nautilus-desktop

I've been using Crunchbang Linux recently (http://crunchbanglinux.org/). It uses PCManfm.

"CrunchBang Linux is an Ubuntu based distribution featuring the lightweight Openbox window manager and GTK+ applications. The distribution is developed from a minimal Ubuntu install and has been designed to offer a good balance of speed and functionality."

It flies. I'm thinking of going Crunchbang Lite.

PCManfm loads on Kubuntu and is useable, but complains about lack of a Gnome or Xfce(GTK+) icon.

I think it should just load and be useable on your system.
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

My laptop is at least 4 times weaker than netbooks of today.
      I tried ubuntu and xubuntu on it: a real pain, everything was SO slow Of course it doesn't meet the minimum requirements of Ubuntu/Xubuntu.

I'm very happy with my current OS, I keep killing nautilus , but it keeps coming back.?
      How do I make nautilus NOT start? Nautilus is just a memory hog
      Join the dark side<br />---------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Samsung NC10 netbook running<br />PCLinuxOS 2010 // Win XP

Comment

When you have PCLinuxOS (Gnome), rather than Kubuntu (KDE), installed in your laptop you might be better to try the PCLinuxOS Forum at http://www.pclinuxos.com/forum/index.php
        "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
        "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
        X