This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant access file server in dolphin

Hi, I just got a new modem (Belkin F1PI242EGau) that allows me to connect a usb hard drive to it as a file server, but I am unable to connect see this at all. On my housemates Windows computer he can connect to it fine, and I set it up as a webserver and I can see that, its just when accessing it through dolphin (or konqueror) I cant see it. It should be at smb://storage/mybook but when navigating through Dolphin after choosing Samba shares, then a Windows workgroup called Fileserver (smb://fileserver) I can see a Windows server called Storage which when I click on just refreshes itself (smb://storage) rather than displaying the device connected to it (smb://storage/mybook).

I probably didnt explain that very well, anyone got some advice or something more I can find out to help work this out?

Cheers.

Re: Cant access file server in dolphin

Sounds like a permission issue. Set the security settings on the drive to everyone for all dirs. You'll probably have to disabled simple file sharing to be able to see the security permission. Do the same for sharing permissions.

Comment

Working...
    X