This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very Low Sound

I have had Kubuntu install for about a week now after being a long time Windows user. I just purchased a set of speakers for my Vaio VGC-RC210G and plugged them in and am getting very minimal sound. I can make out what is being played, its just as if it were a whisper. I have done all of the normal trouble shooting such as checking the mixer and that the volume is turned all the way up. I also plugged the speakers into my girls laptop and they worked perfectly. Please help!

Re: Very Low Sound

My sound has also been low since upgrading to KDE 4.2 If I figure out what is going on I will let you know.

Comment

OK in an attempt to troubleshoot....I messed something up and now have no sound. Does anyone know where I should go from here?

Comment

Well, an easy place to start when you break something: What did you do just before you lost sound all together? Can you undo it easily?

As for your original problem, I have problems with my SoundBlaster card being super low volume whenever I do a fresh install. There's an option in Kmix that says "Audigy Analog/Digital Output Jack", and if I don't mute that, my sound levels are way down. You might check to see if you have a similar option and mute it.

Comment

Open a console and type:
          Code:
          alsamixer
          Check that specific channel controls are not muted and that volumes are adjusted appropriately.
          Windows no longer obstructs my view.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
          X