This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: compiz problems

I disabled the desktop effects a couple days ago since i thought that they had nothing to do with compiz.
    When i tried to enable them i got this error but eventually it allowed me to enable them:

"Failed to activate desktop effects using the given configuration options. Settings will be reverted to their previous values.

Check your X configuration. You may also consider changing advanced options, especially changing the compositing type."

All the other settings are as you mentioned.
    Then when i restarted my pc it started with compiz as the windows manager. The thing is that it sometimes starts with kwin and sometimes with compiz and im not sure if it randomly does it or if im doing something.

I ll check it for a while and see if it always starts with compiz now.

Comment

I got compiz working at startup now. I was messing a bit with the panel and accidently deleted it. I found this command to restore it

mv .kde .kde_bak

and after i put all the setting back as they were compiz is now my default windows manager every time i turn on my pc.
      Alt-F2 still wont work but i guess i can live with that :P

Thanks for the help dibl.

Comment

Cool.

Emerald killed the Alt-F2 function, until I upgraded to KDE 4.2. That brought back Alt-F2, even with Emerald running.

Comment

Working...
        X