This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

keyboard shortcuts

Using KDE 4.1 and wondering how do I set up keyboard shortcuts. I would like to open a few programs using different keyboard commands. New to KDE, but I like it, just need to learn a lil more about it.

Re: keyboard shortcuts

Unfortunately, keyboard shortcuts to run programs don't work in KDE 4.1 (you can set them in the menu editor, but they don't work right)

This is due a rewrite of the software to handle shortcuts, and the issue is fixed in 4.2.

Comment

i have this issue now with kde 4.3.... on both my machines. i have in the menu editor a keyboard shortcut for dolphin. and i press the keys and dolphin does not launch. could this be a possible regression? , i have tried several different combos with alt, ctrl and or meta <my 'win' key> + a-z chars or f1-f8. nothing seams to work.
      Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
      (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Originally posted by sithlord48
        i have this issue now with kde 4.3.... on both my machines. i have in the menu editor a keyboard shortcut for dolphin. and i press the keys and dolphin does not launch. could this be a possible regression? , i have tried several different combos with alt, ctrl and or meta <my 'win' key> + a-z chars or f1-f8. nothing seams to work.
        I don't have problems with shortcuts in karmic 4.3, are you using jaunty?

1. Do other global shortcuts work (like alt+tab to switch windows etc)?
        - if not, check that 'kglobalaccel' is running

2. Check that your shortcuts are enabled (SystemSettings>InputActions>KMenuEdit and Systemsettings>Keyboard&Mouse>GlobalShortcuts>Comp onent:khotkeys)

Comment

i am on jaunty.

1. i can alt+tab and etc. this seams to only apply to shortcuts set in the 'k' menu editor (ie: a global for dolphin) , kglobalaccel is running!

2. oh input actions does have kmenuedit checked off but no shortcuts..
          and after adding a shortcut for dolphin it works just not when i set it in the menu editor (as you would in kde 4.2).

thanks kubicle now i can keep my hands on my keyboard again, and get back to work.
          Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
          (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...
          X