X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

black screen 3d effect enabled

Hi all !
    I've enabled 3d effect and apply it for error.
    so now all screen is black and I'm not able how to disable 3d effect ! have I to reinstall kubuntu

why 3d effect can not work ? have I to update driver ?? I ha an nvidia 9800GT+

thanks

ciao

Daniele

Re: black screen 3d effect enabled

Instead of booting into your normal kernel, boot into the Recovery kernel. That should have an option to "Try to recover xserver".

Try that.
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

im new to linux to and i just had this happen to me last night ok heres the fix

login to console mode
      type nano /home/yourname/.kde/share/config/kwinrc where it says your name put ur login name

hit enter find the header that says compositing under that it says enable=true type false where it says true then ctrl+x press y press enter then type sudo reboot then log back into kubuntu should be set back to defualt desktop settings

Comment

And once you have a working system you want to install the proprietary Nvidia drivers, the easiest way is to first install envyng plus the latest Nvidia drivers from the repositories and then run it.
        EnvyNG will give you options for ATI and Nvidia, you might want to be conservative and not select the latest on first attempt.

Would you after reboot again end up with a black screen you can start up from the recovery mode and type into the command line "envyng -t", this will give you options to get back to a known and working driver.

Comment

Working...
        X