X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem busybox boot - initramfs -

Hi,
    I'm not a really new user but I have some problem installing linux on my new pc...

say linux cause I try to install more than 10 distro but without results !

any time it try to load, after select install from boot menù, it go on a shell page say's:

BusyBox v1.1.3 (Debian 1:1.1.3-5ubuntu12) Built-in shell (ash)
    Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

(initramfs) _

how I can solve ??

thanks !!!!

Ciao

Daniele

Re: Problem busybox boot - initramfs -

I had exactly the same problem trying to install 64 bit from the alternate CD.
    The live disc installer works just fine though.

If you are using the alternate disc then give the live disc a go.
    You don't need a license to drive a sandwich.

Comment

Does the Live CD boot and run OK on those computers? If the Live CD boots and works correctly, then probably there is some issue with the BIOS settings for your hard drive, or perhaps the hard drive partitioning is a problem.

You should make a partition at least 6GB -- 8GB is better, and format it ext3. You should have a swap partition too, IMO, although there are folks swearing it is not essential on the new versions. 1 or 2GB is plenty.

I say the first place to look for trouble is in the BIOS of your computer.

1. What hard drive interface are you using, IDE or SATA?

2. What is the "mode" setting if it is SATA? "AHCI" mode works for me, to boot Linux, but if you also boot Windows, you might have to set it to "IDE" or "Legacy IDE" mode.

3. What partition are you trying to boot?

4. Maybe you have a fancy new laptop with advanced power management, and you need to use one of the power management boot codes -- noapic, noacpi, etc. Check the FAQs in my signature for these subjects and more.

Comment

I haven't install linux yet, the boot problem is during the installation from cd..

...I have two sataII hd

thanks

ciao

Daniele

Comment

more simply that can be !!!

I've burn a new dvd using a VERBATIM and now it's all solve !!!

it isn't the first time that VERBATIM save me !!!

Ciao

Daniele

Comment

Yes, Verbatim has been good, through the years. My favorite. I heard they may have changed certain manufacturing plants (outsourced).
            Another safe one is Taiyo-Yuden.
            The CD's you were using before might just have been from a bad batch/spindle, too, who knows. It never hurts to try another burn.
            Glad you fixed it.
            An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
            X