Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Applications won't show up in taskbar when minimized.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Applications won't show up in taskbar when minimized.

A few days ago my programs stopped showing up on my panel/task bar. I am using the latest version of kubuntu and have searched over the web for answers. I tried looking through my settings to see if it was something I unchecked, but couldn't find anything. I appreciated any help my way.

P.S.- I'm a kubuntu noob.

Re: Applications won't show up in taskbar when minimized.

Also seen this on one of machines running 8.10 with KDE 4.1. I guess the problem is with applications that have not yet been ported properly to KDE4. Moving to KDE 4.2 is an improvement but then upgrading to 4.2 could have its initial problems.
    Kubuntu

Comment

It's a case of widgets. Make sure that you have the widgets called "Task Manager" on your panel. Click the small cashew on the right of the panel...
      "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
      "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

yes this is a common problem on my computer from trying to right click on a program in the task menu and click "close" in the menu except if you do it to quick, before the program is finished loading (like if you ran the wrong program) its not there yet and you get "remove this task manager" i do it all the time..

the best thing that you can do it when your not adding widgets LOCK em up .. you can right click on your desktop anywhere and select "lock widgets"

also make your that there unlocked before you try to re-add you widget , if there locked the "cashew" on ur panel/desktop don't show up.
        Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
        (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...
        X