X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mouse scroll trouble

I have a Logitech MX310 optical mouse.

I didn't have any trouble with it when I was running KDE 4.1x but for some reason now with 4.2 there's glitches when I scroll up, as it skips every second 'notch', not a big deal but quite frustrating on some sites and forums.
    Scrolling down is same as before and no problem at all which sort of puzzles me.

Clicking middle/scroll button don't work either but isn't such a concern to me but wouldn't mind fixing that too if possible.
    Been looking at this howto but as there's no trouble scrolling down, and mostly everything else works I'm thinking it could be something else.

Does anyone else have this problem with KDE 4.2?

If I look into the system settings > mouse I have a error message saying;

You have a Logitech Mouse connected, and libusb was found at compite time, but was not possible to access this mouse. This is proboblay caused by a permission problem - you should consult the manual on how to fix this.

I'm not sure how to solve this and afraid to screw it up if it's a general problem in KDE 4.2

Happy for any help

Jonas

EDIT, it's not just firefox, same in Doplhin and sound control too, could be mouse is broken will have a try in Windows and see if it's there too.

EDIT2; It was broken (odd thing it only appeared after I installed KDE 4.2 tho)tried it in windows and it was the same, then Windows crashed *why ain't I surprised* so now I need to learn how to completely remove that malware called M$ Windows
    ASUS M4A87TD | AMD Ph II x6 | 12 GB ram | MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti (448 Cuda cores)
    Kubuntu 12.04 KDE 4.9.x (x86_64) - Debian "Squeeze" KDE 4.(5x) (x86_64)
    Acer TimelineX 4820 TG | intel i3 | 4 GB ram| ATI Radeon HD 5600
    Kubuntu 12.10 KDE 4.10 (x86_64) - OpenSUSE 12.3 KDE 4.10 (x86_64)
    - Officially free from windoze since 11 dec 2009
    >>>>>>>>>>>> Support KFN <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Working...
X