This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with dial up winmodem:(

ok iv been looking all over the net (from xp) for help so far nothing tried scanmodem wont pick up my modem i did lspci and it says agere systems LT winmodem (rev2) so far im sure i need a driver but dunno where to get or which one need help ...and i already know some one will say get a diff modem my pc is a hp7955 and i dual boot xp from master and kubuntu from slave

Re: help with dial up winmodem

Winmodems Ubuntu Documentation might provide some help/insight.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

ok got scanmodem to work said i needed driver martian-full-20080625.tar got it on my external hd and put it on kubuntu desk top now i dunno what to do

Comment

Click (double-click) on the downloaded file. It should open in Ark. Look for and read the README file.

Comment

read some of the read me files still dunno what to do gonna take a break and goto walmart to see if they have external modems but ill be back prob need some more help thanx snowhog ill bbiab

Comment

Martian for Lucent Agere Modem Tutorial might be a good place to visit.

Comment

so i got around the winmodem thing for now by networking my linux to a pc with xp and dialed up the xp and it worked but i will be figuring out how to do it with out the xp soon thanx snowhog for the help

Comment

Working...
              X