This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I screwed up the KDE desktop...

So by accident I deleted a system tray.... I guess this was a HUGE mistake because now if I minimize a window...it just disappears completely off the desktop (somewhere... where it goes? I have no damn clue!!)

I've tried to right click and go to panel settings add widgets and try to put the system tray BACK where it was originally... BUT that just seems to reverse all the all the icons there.........

What in the world am I doing wrong?

Everything else seems to running awesome.... I'm still pretty new to Linux/Kubuntu but have learned ALOT in the last few weeks by reading up, searching and asking a question here and there... but this one really has me stumped as to what to do..

Is there a way to reset the system tray to it's default configuration? I've managed to get the WiFi working great, get themes figured out how to disable the desktop effects for google earth etc... But this is just driving me NUTS tonight....

Oh I am using KDE 4.1

Re: I screwed up the KDE desktop...

KDE 4.1, but what version of Kubuntu - 8.04 or 8.10?
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
      KDE 4.1, but what version of Kubuntu - 8.04 or 8.10?
      Oh sorry, 8.10.

Comment

Click on the 'cashew' in the upper right corner and click on Add Widgets > System Tray > Add Widget and then on Task Manager > Add Widget

Comment

Click on the 'cashew' in the upper right corner and click on Add Widgets > System Tray > Add Widget and then on Task Manager > Add Widget
          Ok, when I go to the cashew and then click Add Widgets>System Tray>Add Widget... after I click add Widget nothing happens,

And I know this is going to sound silly, but I can't seem to find Task Manager anywhere.. I did install the KDE desktop after I had gnome installed... Does this make any difference?

Comment

See Re: lost task bar - menu bar

Comment

OK.. Got it fixed! thanks a lot for your help!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X