This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kubuntu restore to default setting

can someone make a system restore cd thanks .

Re: kubuntu restore to default setting

Is it not called an install disk?
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Re: kubuntu restore to default setting

Originally posted by m3m0ry
      can someone make a system restore cd thanks .
      Heh heh -- STOP THAT WINDOWS TALK!

Just kidding, I wasn't really yelling.

There really isn't such a thing for Linux, AFAIK. (Probably some of us look at our Live CD's as "restore CDs", I suppose.)

Here's a recommended way to back up your configuration for future restoration, kinda-sorta:

http://aptoncd.sourceforge.net/

You need to think through what it is that is really irreplaceable, versus what is just inconvenient to re-constitute, in the event of a computer catastrophe of some sort. I keep my important data (a) on different disk partitions from where my operating system(s) are installed, and (b) backed up on media that are stored in another physical location (yeah, the house could burn down, too).

For example, if your OS is on /dev/sda1 and you have a partition /dev/sda3, then you can make a folder on /dev/sda3 named "Docs" and simply symlink that folder in to your /home/user folder in Kubuntu. "Symlink" is like a Windows "shortcut". So, your docs appear to be in a folder in your user directory, but if your OS crashes totally or needs to be reinstalled, your docs are unaffected by that.

Comment

Working...
      X