This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wifi Problems

I can connect to my routers settings pages, and the kwifi program shows that I'm connected at full strength to the correct ESSID, and well obviously the WEP key is entered correctly if I can connect to my router....but I can't view web pages or download updates, etc. ? I know the routers connecting because I'm currently on my WinXppartition on the same laptop?

Any help is appreciated, thanks

Re: Wifi Problems

Hi,

Can you check the routes you have and the dns server registered please ?
    - for routes :
    route
    - for dns server :
    cat /etc/resolv.conf

If second one is empty you should enter there the dns server of you're provider by kdesu kate /etc/resolv.conf
    line style is like this :
    nameserver <ip>

Cheers

Comment

under route I get:

destination - local
      gateway - *
      genmask - 255.255.255.0
      flags - u
      metric - 0
      ref - 0
      use - 0
      face - eth1

the dns servers are showing up as the correct primary and secondary for my provider, plus my routers IP (192.168.1.1)

I can ping the router, and the other computers on the network, and can get to the routers setup page, but still no actual internet connection?

Comment

Your route is quite strange, I have something like this :
        Destination Passerelle Genmask Indic Metric Ref Use Iface
        192.168.1.0 * 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 eth1
        default 192.168.1.1 0.0.0.0 UG 0 0 0 eth1

Can you ping an outside server for example ? or is there a resolution name error ? I think yes...

BTW can you tell if you have a default route with gateway your router ? If not it's your trouble, so you should add it manually to see first and then configure it...

Comment

no I can't ping outside servers, only computers on my network and my router

In my routers settings it's saying "Default Gateway : 82.152.192.1" on my ADSL connection page, should I enter this instead of 192.168.1.1 as my default gateway in kubuntu? I have 192.168.1.1 as the default gateway under windows atm though?

Comment

No it should be ok with default gateway 192.168.1.1 if it's your routeur...
            can you ping your dns server from kubuntu ?

Comment

Working...
            X