Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

removed the task bar. how to get it back (Solved)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

removed the task bar. how to get it back (Solved)

Hello,

I have removed the task bar at the bottom of the screen in kde 4 (8.10 edition ubuntu) I went to click and remove a widget but clicked remove taskbar.

Help appreciated

Re: removed the task bar. how to get it back

Right click and ensure widgets are unlocked.

Then right click on panel, select panel options/then panel settings. A big black settings bar will appear above the panel. Select add widgets and a box will appear. Select the task manager widget and select add widget and you will have restored it to the panel.

Once you have done that right click on the desktop and select lock widgets.

Comment

I don't have any panels showing. if I add a panel it loads it to the top and does not allow me to add items... all I have showing is my desktop.

I want to get it back as it looks on first boot with the KDE logo and menu with all the task menu on the left and the widgets on the right but dont know how

Comment

OK got it!

You drag the panel back to the bottom and then try and recall what you had and where they where located.

Thanks for the help though I must be far too basic.

For anyone else with this problem.

right click on the screen and open a new panel, this will be placed at the top of the screen, drag this where you want it. then open the widgets and add them by selecting add pressing add.

The digital clock you had originally is the digital clock which when you lock the task bar will allow you to add the date as it was before.

thanks for the help again

Comment

Re: removed the task bar. how to get it back (Solved)

Ah!!!! I thought you meant the task manager and not the panel

Just a tip, if you keep the widgets locked unless you are changing desktop things, otherwise a click in the wrong place can easily delete the panel. Done it myself, loads of times

Comment

Working...
          X