This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compile kernel

What would be the command that enables one to compile a kernel --- to make my question clearer, in Gentoo one would do:
    Code:
    make menuconfig
    and then set-up modules that need to be loaded at boot. What would be the Kubuntu Intrepid equivalent for such? I need this as I am trying to connect a SAMSUNG E250 phone to my system, and I wanted to see if I need a kernel module for SAMSUNG USB devices or similar.

Isix
    Cheers,<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Isix<br />______________________________________<br />&quot;Views and opinions expressed by me are not necessarily true --- they merely remain my views and opinions&quot;<br />______________________________________

Re: Compile kernel

going from memory here (since I'm not at home), but I think I used
    Code:
    make xconfig
    the last time I built a kernel...but I don't remember if I had to install any packages to make that work or not.

mm0
    Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop<br />Intel T9300 Core2Duo Processor @ 2.5Ghz<br />4 GB Ram | 1920 X 1200 Resolution<br />2 X 160 GB SATA HD Internal<br />Nvidia GeForce 8600M Graphics Adapter<br />Using Kubuntu 9.10

Comment

Working...
    X