X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

panel tools gone?

Hello
    I just installed kubuntu 8.10 and after the first set of updates installed a second set came up I installed these and after reboot all the tools in the panel where gone the panel was empty now I cannot get any thing I went to add widgets and it would add them to the desktop but no way to connect to the internet I am confused I cannot add what I need back there and I need help do I need to re-install? What is going on

Re: panel tools gone?

Hi.

I'm a 'noobie' and I would just do a reinstall if all other options have failed.

Keep an eye open for any error messages then post them for the more experienced users to look at.

Best of luck if you've not already sorted it.

Celeron CPU G1610@2.60GHz x 2
    GeForce 8400 GS/PCle/SSE2
    Kubuntu 14.04 - 64 bit Linux - KDE 4.13.0

Comment

Re: panel tools gone?

Originally posted by Sparkythewondersquid

after the first set of updates installed a second set came up I installed these
      Greetz!

How exactly did you install the updates?

Since it is a brand new installation and you haven't invested much time in it, a re-installation might indeed makes sense, but it would be nice to do it in a very methodical way so as to "catch" whatever is happening that messes up your KDE 4 panel. I would advise using a Konsole window and apt-get to do the post-installation updating, and pay close attention to the messages during that process -- you might see something that is hidden by Adept or Synaptic.

Comment

Working...
      X