X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some problems with Kubuntu 8.10

Hello.

I posted this under Kubuntu 8.10 topic but didnt become any answer.

I hope its nothing wrong when i post it here again.

ORIGINAL POST (1. PROBLEM):
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hello.

I have a strange problem. I just installed Kubuntu with KDE 4.1.
    When i go under Kmenu -> Applications -> System -> Hardware Drivers a have two options for installing Nvidia driver. One is 173 and other 177 [Recommended].

The problem is, when i chose 173 or 177 and click Activate button, nothing happend. When i click two times the Activate button, the option which version of driver to install just frezz.

In KDE 3.5 worked fine.

I have Nvidia 8600M GT and laptop Acer Aspire 5920G.

Can someone please help mi how to install Nvidia drivers. I'm a newbie at Linux word.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ORIGINAL POST (2. PROBLEM):
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hello.

I just installed Kubuntu 8.10.

The problem is that i cant connect to the internet through wifi.
    It founds my wifi connection and when i chose it, it says connecting and after few seconds it stops.

The strange thing is, that it doesn't ask me for a password for my wifi.

Can someone please help me. I'm a newbie at linux and a step by step instruction would be great.

PS: My laptop is Acer Aspire 5920G.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If someone would help me, i would be realy thankful.

Re: Some problems with Kubuntu 8.10

http://albertomilone.com/nvidia_scripts1.html

have you tired envy ng ?

it solved all my nvida isssues

Comment

network issues i had some probelmes with this when i had my belkin wifi card i used mad wifi to solve this issue it can be found

http://sourceforge.net/projects/madwifi/

if you have problems with install post a question.

Comment

Hello.

I solved the problem. I just made a fresh install of Kubuntu 8.10, connect it through a cabel to the internet and update it. Now everything worked fine, the wirelles connection and installation of nvidia drivers.

Strange why i had so much problems when i first installed Kubuntu 8.10 (i made a update like now) .

StarWolf thanks anyway for helping.

Comment

Working...
        X