This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

automatic login

does anyone know how to disable automatic login to ubuntu account (live session account) in kubuntu 8.10 live usb persistence...

i have tried uncheck the automatic login checkbox in the login manager setting.
    but after i reboot, nothings change,
    and when i open login manager setting, the checkbox is checked, back to normal,,,
    how do i fix it

Re: automatic login

Interesting. Could you please tell us how you made this persistent USB install? And while you're at it, could you also post the grub entry for the system?

Thanks.
    Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

i made this usb persistence with the tutorial in pendrive linux that using a windows os to do it.
      the tutorial gave me a tool called kubuntup.exe....

and about "post the grub entry",,, since im newbie to linux,,, how i suppose to do that...?
      thanks

Comment

No need anymore for the Grub stanza. I believe the only way to get the autologin feature turned off is to remaster your stick.

God knows what the programme over at pendrivelinux did. I am not trying to say it is bad, I am just saying that it is impossible to know its processes.

If you fancy a bit of remastering I'd suggest you search this forum for "remastering". If you want to create your usb stick anew and have control over what you are doing I'd suggest you search this forum for Qqmike's howto for usb flash drives. The latter is rather long and wordy thread and will take some time to go through... I think you'd want to check it from page 4 onwards.
        Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

How do i do that...

Comment

Working...
          X