This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing printer

I'm trying to setup my printer. I think I was able to make some progress by playing around and reading other posts... but I'm still not there.

I have a Dell Photo AIO922 printer. When I tried to set it up using the printer toolbox it denied being able to find a printer. It asked me to manually find and gave instructions on how to find the bus and device ID numbers (by using lsusb in a terminal). It still didn't find anything. The program also led me to CUPS website where I was asked to add a printer. I got a little messed up and tried a few things but wasn't sure what to choose for "select a device". There are several things listed including twice the name of my printer. After choosing one of those it asks me to choose a "model/driver". Again I wasn't sure what to choose. I tried a couple of different things, tried to print a test page (unsuccessfully) and went back to try a different driver. No luck. Each time it will list the printer and tell me that it has been successfully added, but nothing prints.

One other piece of info if it helps... when I go into the program "printer configuration" it lists two copies of my printer. Again neither works when I try a test page. I am not getting an error message, just a message that something was sent to print.

Hopefully I'm being thorough. This is my first post. If I'm leaving any info out please let me know. This is my first time with CUPS as well so I'm hoping I'm missing something simple. Thank you in advance!!

Re: Installing printer

I think I just figured out my own problem. For anyone else who has a Dell AIO (All-In-One) printer:

http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_pr...IO_Printer_922

I've had enough of Windows and finally made the move. I knew there would be some issues along the road to freedom.

Comment

Re: Installing printer

Bummer.

Anything "Lexmark" is kind of a dead duck in Linux -- all proprietary drivers, and only for Windows.

Comment

Working...
      X