X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new guy with a few questions

HI everyone,

Giving this a go, never really used kde before, or linux that much. So far, having a pretty good time in my nerdy own way =p.

anyway, had a few questions i couldnt find answers to on my own.

1) is kde twitter broken atm? i cant seem to get the damn thing to post any messages. I can type in the box, but when i press enter it just deletes whatever i typed out.

2) how does the explosion plugin work? aparently im having an operator error

3) just out of curiosity, what are your favorite "first things to install"?

thanks,

Christian

Re: new guy with a few questions

Welcome. It will be helpful if you tell us what version of Kubuntu you installed.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

8.10 i think. downloaded it today.

also got a third question.

what are your favorite webcam apps? not quite sure whats out there.

Comment

Hey there I'm also quite new.

The real question is what do you want to do on the computer. That's what should determine first things to install. Then I'm sure people here will put their two bob in.

As for webcams I've found that a difficult one. aMSN works like MSN for me including the webcam element but I've not found a camfrog equivalent yet. Maybe skype is an equivalent. I think Skype works on linux, never used it myself.

You might try this website which really helps show what the equivalent linux applications to windows ones are;
        http://www.osalt.com/

Comment

Working...
        X