Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok I am attempting to install Kubuntu 8.10 right now.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok I am attempting to install Kubuntu 8.10 right now.

so after I I put in the CD-R and the machine reboots it take me to install option page.... I go to Demo and Full Install... I tried the Demo and it worked ok So I then repeated the process and then clicked on the Install Kubuntu and though I can hear the machine working it seems I am hung up on the same screen??

Have I done something wrong i don't know about? Or is something else going on here?

Re: Ok I am attempting to install Kubuntu 8.10 right now.

Kubuntu is installed from an icon on the Desktop of the demo.
    Once your problem is solved please edit the first post of your topic and add [SOLVED] in front of the subject. In that way, others can benefit from your experience!

Comment

Originally posted by JohanLingen
      Kubuntu is installed from an icon on the Desktop of the demo.

LOL well that explains the problem then eh....

Well that was embarressing... LOL

Comment

Glad you found it now

If you have any further questions, please post. There is no need to be embarrassed before anyone else here.

Please mark your topic with [SOLVED] to indicate you have the answer you needed.
        Once your problem is solved please edit the first post of your topic and add [SOLVED] in front of the subject. In that way, others can benefit from your experience!

Comment

Ok... well I never could get it to work on my older laptop .... but to be honest I think it had more to do with it being junked than with the software..... (it had a VERY rough life to be blunt..)

So I loaded the image disk into my new laptop to see if it would work there... but when I did the demo nothing would work my touchpad wouldn't work, the wireless wouldn't work and I don't know about the keyboard or anything else because the touchpad didn't work.....I tried to use my usb mouse but it wouldn't work either. I was surprised about that.

Lets see... about my computer it is fairly new.. I've had it for about 6 mos... It has Vista on it... Mmm it's a Compaq A900...... man that really stinks.... from what I have seen Kubuntu looks awesome....

So am I just stuck with Microsoft or what?

Comment

Working...
          X