This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Login Problems..Please Help!

When I try to login to kubuntu I keep getting dumped right back to the same login screen! My password is correct and everything. I need to know how I can get back into my computer to make it work again!

Peas help! I'll make you muffins!

Re: Login Problems..Please Help!

You almost certainly have a space problem. Reboot and select the recovery (single user) boot option. This will log you in as root and put you at the command line. Once there, type:
    Code:
    df -hTxtmpfs
    What you are concerned with, is the reported Use% on your / (root) and /home (if you have a separate /home partition). Tell me what is reported.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I dont know how to select recovery...pretty much I am at a command line now that says

violetstar@violetstar-laptop:~$

I typed in what you said and nothing happens

Comment

When you boot your PC, you should be presented with the boot menu (Grub). But, you may not have the option set to actually see it, and it boots into the first boot menu item automatically. But, that you are at the command line anyway, we can proceed. The ~$ indicates that you are logged in as your normal user (non-root). So, in order to run the command I gave you, precede it with sudo:
        Code:
        sudo df -hTxtmpfs
        After you type in your requested password, you will get the output for review.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X