Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

kubuntu 8.10 livecd graphic issue Need Help!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kubuntu 8.10 livecd graphic issue Need Help!

Hi, I'm having trouble loading up kubuntu 8.10. After the boot, the screen seem to be having some resolution problem...the normal run yield a pink screen for the bottom half of the monitor and the top half a split of bluish background that seem to be going crazy..(sry i don't how to describe it..you know those thing that appear when your resolution is not right and you get a messed up screen with stuff going crazy...) I tried it with the safe graphic option with no luck...this is only for live booting...I used Ubuntu 8.10 with no problem like this....I have a Nvidia FX 5200 video card

Please Help...I don't really like Gnome so I would like to explore KDE with Kubuntu

Thanks.
    ÐЯIЖӨMǺИ.ΣΧЄ

Re: kubuntu 8.10 livecd graphic issue Need Help!

I have the same card set in dual monitors. I noticed that when i first set up kubuntu my secondary monitor running off the vga port did exactly the same thing. The card should have came with a dvi to vga converter for the dvi port. I dont know which port you are using but it sounds like the vga port. you might try the dvi port and see if the problem resolves itself.

Comment

Originally posted by rbush78@cox.net
      I have the same card set in dual monitors. I noticed that when i first set up kubuntu my secondary monitor running off the vga port did exactly the same thing. The card should have came with a dvi to vga converter for the dvi port. I dont know which port you are using but it sounds like the vga port. you might try the dvi port and see if the problem resolves itself.
      I don't think what you have is my problem here...i am not using a dual monitor system....
      ÐЯIЖӨMǺИ.ΣΧЄ

Comment

does your card have two outputs? if so which one are you using?

Comment

does your card have two outputs? if so which one are you using?
          I have the classic blue pinned one..(not sure what it's called..)
          ÐЯIЖӨMǺИ.ΣΧЄ

Comment

does it have a white one too?

Comment

does it have a white one too?
              yeah..there is a white rectangle one...
              ÐЯIЖӨMǺИ.ΣΧЄ

Comment

For some reason xorg defaults to the white rectangle one. Your video card should have come with and adapter that changes the white rectangle one to a blue one. Use that to connect your monitor to the video card. If I am correct you should get video. Once you get kubuntu installed and install the nvidia driver i believe you can specify which port you want to use for the primary video port.

Comment

Working...
                X