X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV Tuner ATI Theatre 550 Pro - Kubuntu driver

Hi to all

I'm a new Kubuntu user.

Into my PC there's an ATI Theatre 550 Pro TV Tuner Card (with hardware MP2 encoder).

I always use this card with windows drivers and WIN SW, but now I'm planning to quit my WIN license and use only linux (Kubuntu)

I try using MythTV, but my TV card is not supported or I'm not able to let it works!

I look all site, and in many way to find good or compatible drivers, but I don't find it !

What can I do to let Kubuntu support my TV CARD ??

Please Help me

Re: TV Tuner ATI Theatre 550 Pro - Kubuntu driver

I am working on the same thing...

I have an older AIW 9600 Pro and cannot get the TV working. I tried mythTV but it was a bust. I went back to Win XP and tried, but they no longer support that card so finding the software is impossible. Drivers sure, but nothing for the TV tuner.

So I am going to reinstall 'buntu and try this:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=907873

Also, make sure that you download and enable the proprietary (non-free) ATI drivers too...

I will try to post back after I get everything set up under 'buntu and let you know how it works...

Comment

Many thanks, I never read about this SW "GATOS" ...

now i will look if it can be usefull for me

I've some dubt because my card is a TV CARD ONLY, not a video card with tv tuner
      and the chip inside is the 550pro (a good chip but with short life, without evolution)

Comment

This is where I am with Gatos, it does not recognize my ATI card for some reason...

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1025976

Comment

Working...
        X