This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really dumb problem with apt/sources.list

Okay... I'm ready to wear the pointy hat and sit in the corner if someone can help me out with this one. I can't get adept to run & it says there is a problem with my apt/sources.list. I've found & opened the apt file and somehow I got an extra line at the end of the file that says "git://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git"

I've tried editing the file to delete the offending line, but I can't save it.

Any time that I try the following...

sudo dpkg --configure -a
    sudo apt-get clean
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install

... I get --> "E: Type 'git://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git' is not known on line 55 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list"

What can I do?

Re: Really dumb problem with apt/sources.list

enter:
    Code:
    kdesudo kate /etc/apt/sources.list
    edit it to your hearts content and then save it.

then enter:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    then have fun...should take care of it, assuming you end up with a valid sources.list file. If it doesn't work, post the contents of the file here for inspection.

mm0
    Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop<br />Intel T9300 Core2Duo Processor @ 2.5Ghz<br />4 GB Ram | 1920 X 1200 Resolution<br />2 X 160 GB SATA HD Internal<br />Nvidia GeForce 8600M Graphics Adapter<br />Using Kubuntu 9.10

Comment

Worked like clockwork!.Thank you so much... you ROCK... but you probably already knew that.

Comment

thanks! glad I could help! now if I could just get my 12 year old daughter to think I still rock...now THAT would be something!

mm0
        Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop<br />Intel T9300 Core2Duo Processor @ 2.5Ghz<br />4 GB Ram | 1920 X 1200 Resolution<br />2 X 160 GB SATA HD Internal<br />Nvidia GeForce 8600M Graphics Adapter<br />Using Kubuntu 9.10

Comment

hello guys,
          It worked with me too, i was about to reinstall kubuntu but your discussion here helped me, thanks a lot

Comment

Working...
          X