This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: propose name change of this forum to something less gender-specific

I am the new guy, or the noob, as you will. I've noticed that the forum name is redundant since there only one forum under Help the New Guy. However, I do think it would consistent, easily understandable, and more inviting to female noobs to call the forum Newbie Support | Help the Newbie.
    Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad R52, Kubuntu 9.04 (KDE)<br />Desktop: Lenovo Thinkcentre, Fedora 13 (Gnome)

Comment

As someone of the female sort, I will say that it has never once crossed my mind that there's anything wrong with this section of the forum being called "Help the New Guy". As long as everyone's friendly and helpful, I couldn't care less what this place is actually called. And with the exception of one guy, who was claiming to be seeking help and really never accepted any that I saw, everyone here has been nice. However, my perspective may be taken with a grain of salt, as I've always had an easier time playing with the boys than the girls, get along well with geeks and nerds, and I am used to treading into areas that a lot of females shy away from.

All that said, can I toss my lot behind "How do I remove the keyboard from the cd rom..I got cross" that andybleaden suggested? I like that, it makes me giggle, and after the mess of stupid I pulled leaving me with my computer down for almost 24 hours, I need a good giggle.

Comment

yeh I know that feeling....
        ....not swearing or violent yet still looking at ways of being spiteful to the pc which is being a pain to you...a bit like kids when they pinch or pull hair when they do not get their own way >

grrrr
        Running Kubuntu Karmic Koala&nbsp; with KDE 4.3 at home<br /><br />Kubuntu user 24342<br /><br />Running Dell Inspiron 530 Dual Core 3ghz<br /><br />and also running Kubuntu on a Lenovo thinkpad using a live pen drive<br /><br />Still no Microsoft here!

Comment

Working...
        X