This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with sound (SOLVED)

Kubuntu 8.10 installed as a triple boot. Ubuntu has given no sound problems, but I have lost sound contol with kubuntu. I have uninstalled Kmix and reinstalled with not luck. Tried alsamixer same thing. the only way I can control volume is to bring up the mixer and manually move the slider. The icon on the the systray has no control over volume. the volume keys on keyboard will show volume settings but do not change it.

Kmix does not show a master channel.
    the kmix volume control in tray has 3D on it and surround but does not control any thing.

Need some help, do not know where to go from here. Thanks, Macken

I ran a check of kmix and found a file (lineak-kdeplugins) showing but was not installed. Installed this file, shut down kmix and restarted and everything works fine.

Thanks for the replies. Macken.

Re: Need help with sound

Originally posted by macken
    Kubuntu 8.10 installed as a triple boot. Ubuntu has given no sound problems, but I have lost sound contol with kubuntu. I have uninstalled Kmix and reinstalled with not luck. Tried alsamixer same thing. the only way I can control volume is to bring up the mixer and manually move the slider. The icon on the the systray has no control over volume. the volume keys on keyboard will show volume settings but do not change it.

Kmix does not show a master channel.
    the kmix volume control in tray has 3D on it and surround but does not control any thing.

Need some help, do not know where to go from here. Thanks, Macken
    First, go to system settings->Sound->Device preferences and make sure the right one is at the top. Then right click on the sound icon in the system tray and select "Select master channel" try different ones on your choosen device until the slider in the sys tray has the desired effect. Those two steps should fix the keyboard and sys tray issues.

I hope I understand your problem correctly. btw...kmix doesn't show a master channel on my side either.

Comment

Working...
    X