This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

restoring old settings

I have a Toshiba laptop, it has an nvidia graphics card, I want to use the 3d enhancement of the card, it is listed in the restricted drivers, if I load the restricted driver and my screen goes to a plaid type screen and locks up, I tried it in Ubuntu when I first loaded it last feb, I have not tried since. I know they worked a lot of bugs out with compatibility, but if it does not work, how do I get my old screen settings back if the screen gets messed up?
    "Just say no to the virus called windows"

Re: restoring old settings

can you get to the system settings and have you tried restoring from the rescue menu ? you may want to load envy ng for xtra nvidia drivers. ?http://www.albertomilone.com/nvidia_scripts1.html may or may not help you but solved my problems you can install these from the terminal in rescue if need be .

Comment

Re: restoring old settings

I got back to the desktop, pressed ctrl-alt-bksp and loaded the basic resolution. I followed some posts and got my settings back, I will try envy-ng when I get the urge and time to play around with the graphics and crash my video again.

Thanks
      "Just say no to the virus called windows"

Comment

Working...
      X