X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fstab and Mounting questions...

Hi all,

I am new to linux and have been reading on how to edit the fstab file.

I use Klibido to download from the newsgroups and when I first start it up, it cannot see the download folder that I set up in the config (it is an ntfs folder). I have to open Dolphin and browse to that hard drive.

Then I can restart Klibido and it is able to see the folder. I have seen this also happen with other programs so I think that it's just that my drives are not mounted properly in the fstab file. Here is is:

Code:
    # /etc/fstab: static file system information.
    #
    # <file system> <mount point>  <type> <options>    <dump> <pass>
    proc      /proc      proc  defaults    0    0
    # /dev/sda6
    UUID=9ad9b379-56ca-46b7-8b5e-802747ad6f37 /        ext3  relatime,errors=remount-ro 0    1
    # /dev/sda9
    UUID=BC4A-7D67 /dos      vfat  utf8,umask=007,gid=46 0    1
    # /dev/sda7
    UUID=5ccf003e-a3ff-449a-b53e-463c8d372f99 /home      ext3  relatime    0    2
    # /dev/sda8
    UUID=a9a028d4-46b3-4302-8886-9fd4073a25ff none      swap  sw       0    0
    /dev/scd0    /media/cdrom0  udf,iso9660 user,noauto,exec,utf8 0    0
    I can see all of my drives from Dolphin and they are listed with the windows names I gave them.

I think I can figure out how to set up the mount points myself, but was wondering if anyone can tell me how to tell which of my drives is sda7, sda8, etc. All I see in Dolphin is "250backup", "DShares", "Volume NTFS", etc. Those are the names I gave them under windows.

If anyone can help me out I would appreciate it.
    8.10 Intrepid

Re: Fstab and Mounting questions...

In order to have read/write access to any NTFS formatted drives/partitions, you will need to in stall the ntfs-config package. You can install the package using Adept Manager or from the command line. Also, what version of Kubuntu are you using?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: Fstab and Mounting questions...

I am using 8.10 Intrepid (will put it in my sig now). I installed the package you mentioned and will try again. Thanks.
      8.10 Intrepid

Comment

Working...
      X