This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hello

I am beginning to have a great experience with my new Kubuntu Intrepid. I went back to some of my old threads and installed what some of the folks over at the Ubuntu forums told me to install for video playback. I installed them and figured out how to solve my flickering problem. I had to turn off all desktop effects and that worked. I will turn them on again for Compiz. I now need to learn how to use Emerald or install other themes. And finally some sort of guide on using the KDE 4 version in Intrepid so that when I break it I know where to turn. Also a good general guide on how to make a really cool looking Desktop. And yes I realize all of this stuff can be had by searching the forums and google, which is what I end up doing most of the time anyway, but in the long run if someone can point you in the right direction it saves you tons of time and makes your experience much more pleasant. I find now that I am now able to start passing on little tidbits that I learn here and there and it is very gratifying for me to do so. It's not that big of deal to some of you but over at the Ubuntu forums, I help when I can with what little I know and I have actually been thanked 3 times in 3 posts. It feels good.

Oh by the way, Synaptic was already on my system, and I used it. I just happen to like the CLI better, once you learn a few commands it is easier to use. I cut my teeth on DOS.

Comment

Re: Hello

Hey as far as desktop walpaper fire up gimp it is great that is what I used for all my family even the di hard users of the other OS lol Just let your imagination go and see what comes out you can also google for lots of ideas

good luck

Comment

Working...
      X