This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu 8.10 stable?

I posted because I'm new to linux, I don't know how muck I should wait untill some stability fixes will arrive. The way it is now, it crashes every half hour or less, works very slow, movies at 2fps and sound falls behind, icons dissapear, and more
    Should I wait for fixes for 8.10 or try 8.4, I like how kde4 it looks after tweaking it a bit, but if I have to wait to muck I'd rather go to ubuntu or 8.4

+I saw that it automaticaly mounts ntfs partitions (asks for password), does it write in them temporary files, does it allow that, because I heard it's not a good idea to write on hnfs partitios...

Re: Kubuntu 8.10 stable?

the stability issues you are having would be with KDE not Kubuntu itself. KDE is going through a major overhaul right now. Upgrading from KDE3.5.x to the new KDE4.x

which version of KDE are you on?
    &quot;Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it&#39;s from Neptune.&quot; ~Noam Chomsky<br /><br />Gigabyte MB, AMD 64x2 6000, 2 Gigs Patriot DDR2, XFX GeForce 8600GT XXX, 400Gig WD SATA HDD &amp; 1TB WD SATA HDD.

Comment

Re: Kubuntu 8.10 stable?

OK, but the experience you are describing is more than just KDE, there is something definately wrong, unless your system is too slow...can you provide some system details (CPU, RAM, etc)...
      mm0
      Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop<br />Intel T9300 Core2Duo Processor @ 2.5Ghz<br />4 GB Ram | 1920 X 1200 Resolution<br />2 X 160 GB SATA HD Internal<br />Nvidia GeForce 8600M Graphics Adapter<br />Using Kubuntu 9.10

Comment

Working...
      X