This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intel X3100 Graphics.

I have always used either an Nvidia or Ati Graphics Card.

But am pretty certain I'm going to get me a Dell Studio 15N Laptop.
    It has a Intel X3100 Graphics Card in it.

Simply put does Linux/Ubuntu have drivers to enable 3D Acceleration on a X3100? Thanks... 8)
    I &quot;NEVER&quot; Discuss 3 things.<br />Religion, Politics, and the Great Pumpkin.<br />Linus from A Charlie Brown Christmas.

Re: Intel X3100 Graphics.

In short, it should work out of box.

however, even intel driver may got problem sometimes. so it is always better to bring a ubuntu live-cd when you buy your laptop and see if the desktop effect can be enabled.

Comment

Originally posted by pansz
      In short, it should work out of box.

however, even intel driver may got problem sometimes. so it is always better to bring a ubuntu live-cd when you buy your laptop and see if the desktop effect can be enabled.

Thanks that's pretty much what I figured.

I was going to buy it off of Dell's Website and it's already got Ubuntu 8.04 on it stock so It Should work out just fine Thanks. 8)
      I &quot;NEVER&quot; Discuss 3 things.<br />Religion, Politics, and the Great Pumpkin.<br />Linus from A Charlie Brown Christmas.

Comment

I have a thinkpad with this video chipset. It worked great and has always worked with the power management. Until 8.10, this is not necessarily ubuntus fault. Intel changed the driver days before the release date. Affects all distros using this same kernel. Will be corrected in the next kernel. The bug page reports workarounds.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...el/+bug/252094

David

Comment

Originally posted by spotslayer
          I have a thinkpad with this video chipset. It worked great and has always worked with the power management. Until 8.10, this is not necessarily ubuntus fault. Intel changed the driver days before the release date. Affects all distros using this same kernel. Will be corrected in the next kernel. The bug page reports workarounds.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...el/+bug/252094

David
          Thanks bunches.
          As I said it will prob be a couple of months yet, But my wife was wanting me to do some Web Graphics for her and My Vostro does good.
          But one with a HD Display would make it a tad eaiser to do Graphics on.

At least it's a good excuse to get a new one in any event.
          I'm glad to hear it'll be fixed in the next Kernal release, and that in the mean time there's a work around.

I've bookmarked the page to study on it.
          Thanks for the heads up I'm most Grateful... 8)

Comment

Working...
          X