This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xsession: HELP for Newbee

New to kubuntu....Installed and worked for 2 days now I get this error when I try to log into the system

"Xsession: unable to start X session --- no "/home/(username)/.xsession" file, no "/home/(userame)/.Xsession" file, no session managers, no window managers, and no terminal emulators found; aborting."

Not real great with this stuff so make it simple please!

Thank you for any help
    tarant

Re: xsession: HELP for Newbee

Try booting into the "Recovery Console" (second item down on your boot menu) and when that comes up, cursor down to "Fix X" and choose that. When it is done, if it returns you to menu, choose "resume normal boot" or whatever it says similar to that.

Comment

I tried this but no success. Any other suggestions?

Comment

This might be a stupid question - did you check if these listed files actually exist? If so what are their permissions/ownership. Do you see login screen or X server fails immediately after boot?

Comment

Originally posted by mfabry
          did you check if these listed files actually exist? If so what are their permissions/ownership.
          How would I check this?

Originally posted by mfabry
          Do you see login screen or X server fails immediately after boot?
          I see login screen. I am able to put in username and password after that is when I get the error message on a pop-up...

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X