X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: lost network-manager /connection

Originally posted by dibl
    Did you put a "return" after that last line? After you type the line, push the "Enter" key so the cursor goes to the next line, then save it and exit the editor.
    yup thought of that too .. but didnt work either

EDIT; starting to think it would be a better idea to reinstall Kubuntu and start from scratch ... is it possible to do without changing the partitions ?
    ASUS M4A87TD | AMD Ph II x6 | 12 GB ram | MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti (448 Cuda cores)
    Kubuntu 12.04 KDE 4.9.x (x86_64) - Debian "Squeeze" KDE 4.(5x) (x86_64)
    Acer TimelineX 4820 TG | intel i3 | 4 GB ram| ATI Radeon HD 5600
    Kubuntu 12.10 KDE 4.10 (x86_64) - OpenSUSE 12.3 KDE 4.10 (x86_64)
    - Officially free from windoze since 11 dec 2009
    >>>>>>>>>>>> Support KFN <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

I would suggest first boot the Live CD and play with it that way. If networking works the way you need it, then you could install again the same as you did the first time, in the same partition. To make sure nothing remains from before, you can format it with GParted first, if you want to.

I hate to see "reinstall" as a solution, but at least we know how long it takes, and when you will have a good-working system again.

Comment

Originally posted by dibl
        I would suggest first boot the Live CD and play with it that way. If networking works the way you need it, then you could install again the same as you did the first time, in the same partition. To make sure nothing remains from before, you can format it with GParted first, if you want to.

I hate to see "reinstall" as a solution, but at least we know how long it takes, and when you will have a good-working system again.
        Agree .... guessed I could learn something with solving the issue rather then deleting it.

From the live CD my settings in interfaces are

auto lo
        iface lo inet loopback

... and the resolv.conf

# Generated by NetworkManager
        nameserver 83.255.245.10
        nameserver 83.255.249.10

As I have in normal Kubuntu
        ASUS M4A87TD | AMD Ph II x6 | 12 GB ram | MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti (448 Cuda cores)
        Kubuntu 12.04 KDE 4.9.x (x86_64) - Debian "Squeeze" KDE 4.(5x) (x86_64)
        Acer TimelineX 4820 TG | intel i3 | 4 GB ram| ATI Radeon HD 5600
        Kubuntu 12.10 KDE 4.10 (x86_64) - OpenSUSE 12.3 KDE 4.10 (x86_64)
        - Officially free from windoze since 11 dec 2009
        >>>>>>>>>>>> Support KFN <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

If it makes you feel any better, I am just about to do the same thing to get my wireless working on my laptop. It just quit. I don't know what happened and I can't get it going again. Curses on broadcom.

Comment

I don't resort to reinstalling nearly as often as I used to, but when things are truly snarfed and time is pressing, sometimes a person really needs to know when he'll have a working system again. One possible answer is "30 minutes after starting a reinstallation". No custom settings or packages, of course.

Comment

Working...
            X