Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

simple,complete & accurate instructions for skype sound in & bluetooth headset

I am new to Linux.

I installed kubuntu 8.10 on my Windows Vista Gateway laptop by using the webbased dual boot tool that installs Kubuntu as a file under windows.

In Vista every thing works as it should.

I need to use skype - but I can't get the microphone to work - the Gateway has a built in Intel sound card and uses snd-hda-intel driver.
    I also tried to use a bluetooth headset instead of a plugin headset. I couldn't get bluetooth to work either.

I have tried very hard for the last 5 days using google and forums but nothing works. The advice on the forums all refers to older versions of ubuntu/kubuntu.

I did have some slight success, at first there was no sound at all, I did get the sound out to work but not sound in.

Can anyone give me clear simple, accurate and complete instructions about:
    1. getting sound in (headset microphone) working with skype
    2. bluetooth headset working with skype

Re: simple,complete & accurate instructions for skype sound in & bluetooth headset

At least you figured out how to add Skype! I couldn't find it in Adept. Are you using Wine?

Comment

Re: simple,complete & accurate instructions for skype sound in & bluetooth headset

Originally posted by evans62
      At least you figured out how to add Skype! I couldn't find it in Adept. Are you using Wine?
      Skype can be installed from medibuntu source. See http://www.medibuntu.org/ where you can also find instructions for installing their packages.

I can also confirm that I have the same problem with the microphone since I have upgraded to Intrepid Ibex. In previous releases it worked correctly. I will let you know if I find a solution.
      Kubuntu user since August 2007&nbsp; <br /><br />CPU : Intel® Core™2 Duo processor, E6550-2,33GHz,1333MHz,4MBL2 BOX<br />RAM : DDR 2, 2x 512 MB . 800MHz . CL 5,0&nbsp; Kingston<br />VGA : GAINWARD Nvidia 8500GT 256MB, SilentFX, GDDR3, 2xDVI, PCI-E<br />Karmic Koala 32-bit

Comment

Re: simple,complete &amp; accurate instructions for skype sound in &amp; bluetooth headset

Please check settings under Skype - Options - Sound Devices - Sound In / Out. Try various options. Changing Sound In from "Default device" to "HDA Intel" has solved my problem.
        Kubuntu user since August 2007&nbsp; <br /><br />CPU : Intel® Core™2 Duo processor, E6550-2,33GHz,1333MHz,4MBL2 BOX<br />RAM : DDR 2, 2x 512 MB . 800MHz . CL 5,0&nbsp; Kingston<br />VGA : GAINWARD Nvidia 8500GT 256MB, SilentFX, GDDR3, 2xDVI, PCI-E<br />Karmic Koala 32-bit

Comment

Working...
        X