X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu 64-bit with native Flash player + Java Plug-in

Hi Guy,
    I am sure that there are many 64-bit Kubuntu users who suffering with the lack of Java Plug-in and Flash player in 64-bit environment. Now you can say goodbye for this problem. The good news is Adobe and Sun have released native 64-bit flash & Java plug-in. Check it out at:

Java plug-in : https://jdk6.dev.java.net/6uNea.html
    Flash Player : http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html

Enjoy!

Re: Kubuntu 64-bit with native Flash player + Java Plug-in

How do I go about getting 64-bit flash working in Konqueror?

Comment

Method #1:

In the konsole:

Code:
      sudo apt-get update
      Code:
      sudo apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree
      and then start Konqueror and go watch Youtube videos.

Method #2 -- for Firefox:

Follow the link in the first post to download and upack the plugin from Adobe -- it is a file named libflashplayer.so. When you've got it, you copy it into the /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins directory, and restart Firefox. I'm sure there's a similar location for Konqueror, but I haven't done that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Zerix01
        How do I go about getting 64-bit flash working in Konqueror?
        Basically, you just open Configure panel in Konqueror then click Plugins and select Plugin tab and add your firefox plugin folder path ( /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/ ) to folder box area and then click "scan for plugins". Konqueror should pick up flash plugin from firefox location automatically.

Moreover, I didn't use apt-get method to install these plugins. I just D/L and install them manually.

Comment

Anyone installed the new 64 bit java plug-in? I installed the 64 bit JRE and the plugin directory within jre is empty. The document on download site seems to suggest that, the plug-in is available only for the 64 bit Winodws platform . Any other way around this to use Java with FireFox?

Thanks for the links though - I got flash to work nicely with FireFox!

Comment

Ok - i am a newbie and about to show my newbie colours. I downloaded the tar.gz file and extracted the contents of the 64bit flash player. It gave me a directory with libflashplayer.so contained within it.

What do I do with this file? At first I thought I could copy this file to the lib directory but It seemed like I could not do that.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Let me know what other information is needed.

Comment

Working...
            X