This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell inspiron 1525 Bluetooth trouble

Hi, I'm a complete noob at Kubuntu 8.10 32bit. I've just installed it on my Dell Inspiron 1525. Everything is working great and fine even the wireless worked straight away. The only trouble I'm having is with the Bluetooth, it doesnt seem to find it. I tried connecting my phone but it never found anything. even the Kbluetooth 4 doesn't even do anything when i click onto it.

does anyone have anything ideas on how I could get it working?

One last thing is there anyway of getting the Windows key to open the start menu?

Thank you in Advance.

Re: Dell inspiron 1525 Bluetooth trouble

bluetooth has been solved before, haven't got the link, I'm afraid. Do a search for bluetooth on this forum, look out for a thread marked solved and started by andreas64 (if my memory serves well...).
    Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

i had major bluetooth issues w/ 8.10, when i was using it about 1 month ago. i could get it to see my devices not using the kbluetooth manager but using one i found in apt. but i could never get a connect..
      check in to toads suggestion he is mostly right.
      if bluetooth is very important for you, you might want to consider using 8.04.1 w/ kde 3.5 that is if you still can't get it to work.
      Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
      (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

I got the bluetooth working through the way Toad said by using andreas64 way. But i'm still not able to send or receive files to my phone.

Is it just a bug with 8.10? If i tried 8,4 it would work?

Comment

I managed to get it to work using 8.10 - shoved a couple of files back and forth.

Where exactly do you falter? Do the devices recognise each other? Do they handshake?
          Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

If he is suffering from the same problem as me, it's going to be a case of failure to pair. Upon attempting to do so the other device will always invite input of a passcode but the computer never does likewise so failure to pair is inevitable. The only way around this I was able to imagine was to disable all security on the phone by not requiring a password (but that didn't seem the" Linux way" somehow).

Comment

I got them to pair on the phone and laptop but if i try sending a file from the phone to the laptop it always fails. I cant even find how to send from the laptop to phone?

Comment

after pairing and sending the file do you get a prompt on you computer to accept the file transfer,

Comment

I dont get any prompt my phone straight away says it failed to send.
                  Is there any real negatives going back to 8.04 with Kde 3.5?

Comment

Nope, 8.04 is a fine piece of software and works as advertised. Plus it has long term support

Comment

not at all, i did my self about after a bit of use in 8.10 now just use it on a "test" machine

Comment

I've installed 8.04 and the Bluetooth is working I had a little trouble getting the wireless to work to start with but i connected using an ethernet cable updated it then the wireless started working too. I actually prefer the 3.5 style more.

Thanks for all the help

Comment

Working...
                        X