This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to upgrade from 7.04 to 8.04

OK, so I'm not really a noob, but this is a noob question...I just put Ubuntu 7.04 on my daughters computer last night (8.10 won't function 100% because of video hardware). I used 7.04, because that was the disk I had laying around...anyways...how can I upgrade to 8.04? should I just change my sources.list? thanks!

mm0
    Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop<br />Intel T9300 Core2Duo Processor @ 2.5Ghz<br />4 GB Ram | 1920 X 1200 Resolution<br />2 X 160 GB SATA HD Internal<br />Nvidia GeForce 8600M Graphics Adapter<br />Using Kubuntu 9.10

Re: How to upgrade from 7.04 to 8.04

Hi

I think it's very dicey to upgrade by more than 1 version in one go. You are likely to come unstuck, judging by some of the horror stories. You can do it one version at a time but given that you will by then have probably have downloaded more than a CDs worth of upgrades I would if I were you just get the 8.04 CD and start afresh.

In view of what you say 8.04 is probably the right choice.

HTH

Ian

Comment

Re: How to upgrade from 7.04 to 8.04

While upgrading will always be "supported", I'd strongly advise against it. The effort to fix the random bugs that pop up is vastly greater than to back up settings and do a fresh installation.
      KDE, I heart thee.

Comment

Working...
      X