Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What type Graphics format are accepted by 8.10 Intrepid???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What type Graphics format are accepted by 8.10 Intrepid???

I know this is most likely the wrong place to post this, but I couldn't find the proper place in the Intrepid Discussion Tread.
    So please move it if you see fit.

Anyway: I have some Graphics/Backgrounds that I like from the earlier days of KDE of the formats jpeg and png mostly.
    I copied them into my Document Folder, and linked the background to Desktop Settings/Plasma Workspace.

And it came up No Preview available.
    I applied it anyway of coarse I got a blank screen.

So I flowed to where the Wallpapers for the system are stored /usr/share/wallpaper/ and seen the Single Stock Wallpaper was of the jpeg format.
    What Gives? Why wouldn't my jpeg files work?

So I went to Desktop Settings/Plasma Workspace and clicked on the install New/Additional wallpapers.
    It took me to kde-look.org, which is where I got most of my others to begin with.

And the ones they were offering were mostly jpeg and they showed up as previews, and installed quite nicely.

My only question is why won't my Old Ones Work?
    And where is the New ones stored that are dwnld?
    Because they aren't in usr/share/wallpaper.
    And finally if I go about dwnld these same wallpapers and put them in there own folder, if I navigate to that folder for the Desktop Settings/Plasma Workspace will I be able to use them?

Thanks in advance for any input... 8)

I did answer part of this myself You can dwnld the same wallpapers from kde-look.org and Save them in a separate folder, navigate to it and you can use them as your wallpapers....

I &quot;NEVER&quot; Discuss 3 things.<br />Religion, Politics, and the Great Pumpkin.<br />Linus from A Charlie Brown Christmas.

Re: What type Graphics format are accepted by 8.10 Intrepid

This is odd, I am not aware of any compatibility issues with older images. Have you tried opening them with an image ediotr like krita or gimp? Maybe the files are corrupted?

Comment

How did you copy them? If you copied them and pasted them using sudo, it could be a permissions problem. Check the permissions on the pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Detonate
        How did you copy them? If you copied them and pasted them using sudo, it could be a permissions problem. Check the permissions on the pictures.
        I'll have to Check that out, But I wasn't in /root when I copied them from my Flash Drive into my Pictures Folder.

But then again anything is possible.
        I &quot;NEVER&quot; Discuss 3 things.<br />Religion, Politics, and the Great Pumpkin.<br />Linus from A Charlie Brown Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by lmilano
          This is odd, I am not aware of any compatibility issues with older images. Have you tried opening them with an image ediotr like krita or gimp? Maybe the files are corrupted?
          Yes I had Opened a couple up in an image viewer and they came up just fine in the viewer, But not on my Desktop.
          But I hadn't checked them all.

Comment

Working...
          X