This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems after v8.10 install

i was running Kubuntu 8.04 as a duel boot on my Toshiba laptop, before i done the on-line update to v8.10.

since i have installed v8.10, i have noticed a few problems. the problems have only come about since i have installed v8.10. everything was running ok before the update.

problems:
    1. video playback jumps. in kaffeine and dragon media players.
    2. the scroll feature on the mouse pad doesn't work anymore.
    3. i can't connect to MSN in pidgen or kopete. and after un-install and re-installing kopete, it keeps on crashing.

there might be a few more problems, but i've not noticed them as of yet.

thanks in advanced for any help or advice given. im relatively new to linux and kubuntu. so please be gentle...lol

Re: Problems after v8.10 install

can you post some more info about your laptop? Model number, processor type, etc.

Might help in diagnosing the problem.

At first guess I would say the video playback could be a driver issue for your graphic hardware, or a codec problem..?

This is a great forum for answers, trust me I'm new too. Used Linux before but it has been a while and I am amazed at how far it has come.

Comment

Originally posted by daddy4count
      can you post some more info about your laptop? Model number, processor type, etc.

Might help in diagnosing the problem.

At first guess I would say the video playback could be a driver issue for your graphic hardware, or a codec problem..?

This is a great forum for answers, trust me I'm new too. Used Linux before but it has been a while and I am amazed at how far it has come.
      model number: toshiba equium a110-276
      processor: intel centrino duo
      ram: 1gb
      hdd: 80gb

im just a bit confused with the video player. as i didn't update any codec's when i was on v8.04. so i automatically assumed that it would work fine in v.8.10...

i'll try and update the codec's to see if that will fix the screen skip.

thanks for the suggestion

Comment

My brother had similar issues with another Toshiba a couple years ago. His company bought new units for the sales reps, he couldn't watch movies on the plane because it skipped, stalled, stuttered and shuttered.

I never did figure out how to fix his machine... he eventually sent it back for a new one.

Someone here is bound to know how to help. I know a thing or two but I am learning as I go these days too.

Comment

i've just installed a load of different codec's and i still have the same problem when view a video.

i don't understand why it work perfectly on v8.04 but as soon as i updated to v8.10, it keeps on skipping.

Comment

Working...
          X