This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu 8.10 on a Satellite M305

I recently purchased a Toshiba Satellite M305 and I installed Kubuntu 8.10. The install went smoothly and I seem to have a high level of functionality. Still getting used to everything of course, but my install seems a little buggy. It seems as though I experience lag when typing and graphical lag / errors periodically for a few seconds at a time. I suppose it is attributed to lack of driver support, anything I can do to help?

Re: Kubuntu 8.10 on a Satellite M305

Hi. One thing would be to disable "Desktop Effects" for now in System Settings, if they are on. The other would be, yes, see if you can install a better graphics driver. Do you see anything in "hardware drivers", in the System menu? Another option is to try to use Envy NG. What graphics card do you have?

Comment

You could also try leaving the desktop effects on but going to the advance tab and turning off the v sync, this helped me.

Noel Vh
      ++Noel Vh++<br />Desktop support Lv II, III<br />Large Pharma company<br />New Jersey USA

Comment

It seems as though disabling the effects has helped speed things up considerably, thanks. I have an Intel integrated GPU I think GMA 965, I can't remember. Is there anything like GPU-Z or similar for Linux? I can't seem to find a device manager esque function within Kubuntu.

Comment

Working...
        X