This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon 400D (Digital Rebel XTi)

I am not really sure how to access photos from my camera. Nothing happens when I plug it into the computer initially... I have installed F-Spot....but when I open the program is says that there are no cameras. When I go into System Settings->Digital Camera, it does show up there, but if I click on it to configure, I get a message that says "Configuration Failed! Details: Bad parameters"

Re: Canon 400D (Digital Rebel XTi)

Probably not the answer you were looking for but..I've found cf-card readers to be alot faster when transfering files to the computer and they work as usb-storage device i.e regular usb stick, instead of relying PTP.

Comment

I am assuming you are using intrepid?

If your camera is set up (in its own settings) as a USB mass storage device, you should see it in the "new devices" window that you will open by clicking on the widget in the taskbar.

To use the function "download from camera" from within apps like digikam or F-Spot you have to have the camera set up to work in PTP mode, which is how I work my Nikon D50.

As Conholder says too, if you have a built in card reader and your camera uses sd cards, that is a simple and effective way of working.

Ian

Comment

I'm with conholster. I spent $20 and got a SanDisk ImageMate 5-in-1 card reader. Just stick the card in, make a new folder named as the date, and move the files off the card and into the folder.

Comment

I have never been able to get F-spot to work on Ubuntu. It is the same on my KDE desktops. I installed digiKam and it worked out of the box. If it doesn't list your camera I think you can add it.

Comment

I think this is actually a bug with something in Kubuntu 8.10. Using Kubuntu 8.04, I simply plugged in my Canon XT (not XTi, but I assume they're almost the same) and a window opened asking whether I want to open my files with Dolphin or with DigiKam.

Now that I "upgraded" to Kubuntu 8.10, I cannot see the camera at all when the camera is in normal mode. If I change the camera to PTP mode, then I can see the camera, but I cannot access the files.

I do not have card reader, so for now, I am simply using a computer with Windows to copy all my files onto USB memory.

I submitted a bug report a few days ago, but nobody has responded yet.

Comment

Working...
            X